• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop looping in a timeline

New Here ,
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am a newbie, and have been learning Flash pro CS5. I understand how to stop the loop of a total timeline. However, I am having problems with the following. I have created a motion tween of text that fades in and out, and stars around the words that "twinkle". I wish to stop the looping of the txt but have the stars continue to loop (and twinkle). Can be seen at www.tayzach.com.au. Hope someone can help. thanks!!!!!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Create the stars as a separate movieclip and place that in the timeline.  That way the stars movieclip will keep looping while the text animation stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the stars as a separate movieclip and place that in the timeline.  That way the stars movieclip will keep looping while the text animation stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned. This had occured to me to do it the opposite way around, and I had tried that. I am doing

something wrong still. Ill look at it again and hopefully post again soon. thanks Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally did it. I could only make it work by adding the stop() to the timeline, BEFORE I did anything else. So added stop() first, then added text as symbol, then created motion tween, then added movie to last layer. Perhaps this is how it is always done....but its the way Ill do this from now on. Thanks for your help Ned. Have a super day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines