Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Pixel Bender not work on iPhone deployments for FB4.5?"

Explorer ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I can happily create iOS applications with FB4.5, however Pixel Bender effects do not work once I deploy my app to my device.

The simulator preview shows the Pixel Bender effect working perfectly. It's only when I run the app on my iPhone does the effect fail to work - I don't get any errors or anything, it's just as if the effect isn't applied.

Is this a known limitation with iOS deployments? No Pixel Bender on iOS?

Any help would be super appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Please see this message on the Pixel bender forum - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/847262

In short, Pixel Bender does not work on iOS. I'm assuming this is due to restrictions set by Apple on disallowing dynamic interpreted code execution from applications.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas Adobe? Is there a list of unsupported features for iOS that we can view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump - any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this message on the Pixel bender forum - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/847262

In short, Pixel Bender does not work on iOS. I'm assuming this is due to restrictions set by Apple on disallowing dynamic interpreted code execution from applications.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info Anirudh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines