Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After importing word document in RH 9, why does the position of image changes

New Here ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a document which i need to import in RH9. However when i imported the document, the position of the images on my first page changed.

i read several discussion, but could nt get any relevant suggestion.

the first page of my document has company logo and a text box on its left but when i am importing, the image is displayed separately and text box is displayed after the image. the first page is my cover page thats the reason it has text box.

Now can anyone please tell me how i can club the text box and image on a single htm.Robohelp also converts the text box and its data to an image format.

Thanks for your time and consideration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

As you have seen, RoboHelp doesn't understand how to create the layers you are wanting to achieve the effect in Word. It simply brings the images in as separate objects.

Basically there are two approaches you might consider.

You could insert Positioned Text Boxes and configure them to present the images as you want. If you take this approach, you will likely find yourself struggling to maintain the positioning consistently as well as noticing text flow issues. Personally, I'd avoid that approach.

The other approach involves displaying the images in your Word document so that you see them as intended, then screen capture so you grab the combined image. Then save that combined image and use it instead of the separate images in RoboHelp. This is the approach I'd suggest and that I use myself.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp