Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter does not play Flash animation

New Here ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I've got a problem with the Presenter when trying to incorporate a certain Flash animation into the presentation. The Flash animation is just a collection of spheres who move and collide according to an Action Script Code (AS 1, not 3!). Since the whole animation is dictated by the script, the duration is just 1 frame. When I create the .swf file, it works fine.But as soon as I incorporate it in PowerPoint and export the presentation with the Presenter, the animation shows nothing more but the first frame.

I tried both settings for the .swf managment (managing by presentation - true and false), neither of those worked.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do about this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What if you place the animation in a movie clip? Then place the movie clip on that single frame?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Would that really make any difference? The .swf plays like it is supposed to. Even when I click "presentation" in PowerPoint, the .swf works. Just when I publish the whole thing with the Presenter, nothing happens. All the other animations work fine, though.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Bernhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here who could help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Din,

If you are using Office 2007/2010 then, you may need to do a Save As to save your presentation to .PPT format. Then try to publish it and see if it works.

Thanks,

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ravi,

sorry, I should have been more clear: I DID save it  and I DID publish it and it works. It just doesn't play this specific  animation - alle the other animations work fine!

Thanks for your answer,

Bernhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dinidaerrtu- I had exactly the same problem. I am trying to remember what my solution was.....mmm... at the end of the day I think I had to lay it out on the time line i.e. you have a script and it only uses 1 frame. What you will have to do is spread it over multiple frames. Having said that I quickly did a littel test and for the life of me I could not get it to work .... grrrrrr. I know I got it to work as I did a project last year and I came up with the same problem. If you give me time I will go back to the project and try figure out what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be great! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dinindaerrtu- I only have bad news.... I have not been able to get the animation to work in presenter. I mentioned that I got the animation to work in a previouse project. In that project I used Office 2003. In the tests I did I could not even get a normal animation to play in Office 2007 (forget about dealing with your problem i.e. using action script). Do you have any news on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no news from my side

I still don't have any idea where the whole thing goes wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to export or Save As your file as a PowerPoint Show presentation (pps or ppsx extension) instead of a ppt or pptx extension.  Play back the ppsx by double-clicking on the icon and opening the presentation and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how that would help. The animation works fine, then, but I can't export/publish it with the Presenter anymore, since it only accepts ppt or pptx files. That would mean that all the timing and the voice explaining the slides would be lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite simple and I've done it successfully before.

Import your SWF using the Presenter Add-In.

Export your PPS or PPSX using the PowerPoint SaveAs option for PowerPointShow instead of PowerPoint Presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works, I know. But as far as I understand (I maybe wrong, so please correct me if I misunderstand), that would give me a PowerPoint presentation where my .swf is embedded and which I can click through like any other presentation.

What I would NOT get is an Adobe Presenter file where I have a movie that is accompanied by a speech that was recorded and timed and which is embedded into a special player-environment where the viewer can skip between the slides and which contains quizzes etc. And since I want exactly this file, a .pps would not help me (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dinindaerrtu - After how many weeeeeeeks. I finally have it working. You are not going to believe what my problem was... BOY! O! BOY!

I might have lost the plot as to what your problem was but let me explain what I did. Off the bat I could not even import an swf and play it in presenter. Nothing worked even although I have done it before. I know your solution was to have it run in one frame. Ok! Ok! I am so excited because I have eventually got it to work ... heee.... with help from Adobe (Kapil ... thanks Kapil). So here it comes... Ready? All I had to do was upgrad my version of Presenter. I must have upgraded my version about 4 times. My current version is 7.0.6 Build 7604.

I created a couple of tests and it works.

I am so holding thumbs that this will sort your problems.

Let me know

Dimitri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that it works for you now.. However I guess the first step is to update the Presenter to 7.0.6 which is basic thing we need to have the latest version. Common Sense.. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was of the opinion all of Adobe products get updated automatically... I mean half my bandwidth goes to updates..... and every day that goes buy is another update to an Adobe product. How was I to know that Presenter does not get updated?

For some reason Presenter one must update manually.

Then some good news is that an upgrade to Presenter is around the corner... August or September. Hopefully it will support Action Script 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

thank you for your answers

I am as surprised as DHMerritt concerning the updates. But as long as it works, I'll not complain ^^

I haven't tried it yet, but I will do so soon and tell you the results.

Thank you very much!!

Best wishes,

Bernhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holding thumbs.... OOooo I hope it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources