Image Quality in Webhelp

Explorer ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 9.0.1

Word 2010

Webhelp

The image output of my Webhelp project is quite poor.

My images are imported into a Word Document (not by reference) anmd the Word document is linked to the project.

Another post discusses the settings for Framemaker source settings in Webhelp projects but i can find nothing for Word users which discusses the issue.

BTW, does Adobe Forums search work yet? and what happened to scripts in robohelp to automate common tasks? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Scripts are there. You just need to open the Script pod via View > Pods > Script Explorer.

Not sure what to advise on the images.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, found the scripts.

As for the graphics, i seem to remeber an approach a year or tow back where you could import source images directly into the project to avoid those being regenerated by RH but back then i was using Framemaker. Would this still apply for Word documents ? How might htis be achieved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

The first step would be to save the images in whatever format you wanted them to be in. Then you would add them to the project afterwards by choosing to insert an image and browsing to where it was saved.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path for the images save din the project is:

C:\...\My RoboHelp Projects\Project Name\Document Name

However, the images have all been renamed image01.jpg, image02.png, image03.gif... etc.

Replacing these witht he original images would present the problem of the file naming and their association with the relevant location in the project topics.

Is there a way to manage the file naming.

Is there a quality benefit in doing something like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was created as a new thread but had now been added here as the question is related.

Peter Grainge.

My Help is generated form linked word files with unlinked images inserted. Would this affect the quality of the generated RH images?

Should i replace the project images with the orginals after generating the Help? If so, how do i deal with the RH generated Help names?

I did notice a change in output quality for Gif files so i have changed the source files int he Word document to PNG which seems to improive the results but they donbt seem to give the same crystal clarity in the Help that my originals  in the Word doc produce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you import from or link to Word documents, RoboHelp applies its own naming. With an import you can change the names but if you tried that with a link I believe RoboHelp will just add new images with RoboHelp's own naming when you update the topics.

Provided the images are of a reasonable size they should be OK in Design Editor and in the output. You need to focus on the images remaining good throughout the process rather than substituting images to fix the problem.

If you send me a simple Word document with some images that don't work so well in WebHelp, I can take a look. Also send the image file for one of the images.

See the Contact page on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp