Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTMP streams over RTMFP NetConnection

New Here ,
May 29, 2011 May 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let's say user A connected to the FMS server with an RTMFP NetConnection, and user B connected to the server with an RTMP connection.

If I want to connect them together, would it be better if I also connect A to an RTMP NetConnection to the server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you thinking to connect them together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2011 May 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amit,

Right now on my application, some people connect to the server with an RTMFP connection, and some with an RTMP connection.

If A is connected to the server with RTMFP, and B with RTMP, then if I connect them together (video/audio streams), it will be an RTMP connection.

It works well, but we don't create an RTMP connection to the server for A, the RTMFP seems to work, but I'm wondering if it can bring issue, because some people told me that A would also need an RTMP nc to the server but it doesn't seem to be true... Could it cause any error or make anything go wrong?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an RTMFP NetConnection can do everything an RTMP one can do, plus more.  what you're doing should work just fine.

client A can also take advantage of some RTMFP modes (like partial reliability) in some circumstances, which can reduce the latency with the communication to B, even though B is connected via RTMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks :)So now I'm sure this is not an issue causing the "server rejected an invalid flow." and RTMFP not working on the server.Still have yet to find the issue for this 😕

Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:33:24 -0600

To: chicohuman@hotmail.com

Subject: RTMP streams over RTMFP NetConnection

an RTMFP NetConnection can do everything an RTMP one can do, plus more. what you're doing should work just fine.

client A can also take advantage of some RTMFP modes (like partial reliability) in some circumstances, which can reduce the latency with the communication to B, even though B is connected via RTMP.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines