• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manipulating Outlook Calendar from CF

Explorer ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out how to view a given Outlook calendar via CF, but there are a few more things I would like to be able to do with and to it.

First, the code I am using only allows me to view the calendar for the current date.  How do I modify it to also show a scrollable month calendar where the user can select a particular date?  This is what I have so far:outlook view.JPG

This is what I would like to display from Outlook (the calendar on the left allows the user to scroll through months, and select a date to view from that month):

outlook view desired.JPG

If you don't just want to hand over the answer, referring me to a resource to study is just fine by me!

The code I am using is:

<object classid="clsid:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046"
  id="ViewCtlFolder"
        width="100%"
        height="300px"
        codetype= "application/x-oleobject"
        codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/office/outlctlx.CAB#ver=9,0,0,3203">   

<param name="Namespace" value="MAPI">   
        <param name="Folder" value="\\Public Folders\All Public Folders\Group\Group Calendar">
        <param name="Restriction" value="">
        <param name="DeferUpdate" value="0">
</object>

Secondly:  Is there a way to add, change and delete entries from a public Outlook calendar like this one through CF without user interaction on the Outlook side?  I've seen a great example of creating an entry for a calendar from CF, but it requires the owner of the calendar to accept the appointment.

Thanks in advance for your excellent advice!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2011 May 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an Outlook calendar - one that MS Outlook might create if it's being run as a self-contained app - or an Exchange calendar that Outlook is simply being used as a client-side app to access?

If the calendar is maintained by Exchange (or some other server-side messaging system), I'd be accessing the data via that, not the client software.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's strictly Outlook.  I accidently discovered that right-clicking anywhere on the displayed calendar gives me everything I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation