• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-Robohelp Web Help to HTML Help

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web help project that is basically a group of html files that were originally created in Word. It is from a third-party program, and I need to integrate the html files into my HTML help project. I'm not sure if they were using any program like RoboHelp to generate the help.

I've tried importing the html files into a Robohelp project, but I cannot view them in Robohelp since they are associated with Word. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can clean up these files and import them into a Robohelp project?

Thanks,

Jessica

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica and welcome to our community

You said: I've tried importing the html files into a Robohelp project, but I cannot view them in Robohelp since they are associated with Word..

Does this mean you are trying to double-click them inside RoboHelp HTML and you want them to open in the RoboHelp HTML WYSIWYG editor and not inside Word? If the answer to that is yes, then read on.

Inside RoboHelp HTML, click Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab. You will probably find that RoboHelp WYSIWYG is set as the default editor. This is normal. So I hear you asking, well, if it's the default, why is it opening in Word? And the answer to that little issue lies in the two options at the bottom of the dialog. My guess is that you have the option "Auto-select Editor" selected. So try selecting the opposite option of: "Use Default Editor".

Give this a go and keep us posted... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You were exactly right- the Auto-Select Editor option was selected. When I changed it to Use Default Editor I was able to edit the html files in RoboHelp. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp