• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 super slow when Workspace and Project is on Network Drive

New Here ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was wondering if maybe it is not common practice to create a workspace and project in a Network Drive? When I do this Flash Builder runs extremely slow ( build workspace slow, saving slow, code hinting slow, undo slow, etc, etc, etc). Very painful!

When I place the same project locally on my C drive everything runs fine. So should I not be running things off the network? I would really like to since all my files are on the network with backup system. Can anyone offer some advice? Or maybe I need to optimize something? Thanks

- D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Having your workspace and project on a network drive is not recommended as Flash Builder writes and reads a lot from the workspace and that will be slow.

A version control system such as svn or git with a repository hosted on your network drive should be perfectly fine. (You only take the hit when you check in and check out)

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines