• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActionScript file using TextArea component

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been developing applications in Flash CS5, but I coudn't stand the completely useless code editor any more, so I have installed the Flash Builder instead.

The problem I'm having now, is that I have an AS3 class that uses the TextArea component. But if I make an ActionScript project, I cannot import the TextArea class as FB doesn't seem to know about it. And I know nothing about Flex, so if I make a Flex project, I have no idea of how to combine my AS3 class with the TextArea component.

I am amazed - I thought that would be ridiculously simple, but I have been browsing Adobes sites for days now, and I'm not an inch closer to any solution.

Anyone knows something to help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TextArea is a Flex component. Flex components are usually accessible from Flex projects only (unless you tweak the build path setting yourself).

If you just want to show text without Flex, TextField might be the component you are looking for. (you'll have to set a few properties on it to be multiline and word wrap, etc.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anirudh,

I have been using the TextArea component because it has code to handle scrollbars, and in Flash this component is a wrapper for a TextField object. As far as I can see this is not the case in Flex, and my AS3 code sets almost all of the TextField attributes, so I probably can't use Flex and the Flash Builder anyway. At least not without throwing all my code away.

Besides, the .swf file generated seems to be much bigger than in Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think TextArea internally uses TLF in the case of Flex 4. The mx:TextArea flavor uses TextField internally.

If you're interested in the internals of these components, the Flex general discussions forum will be able to help you more.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines