Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Debugger starts allways one times

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have read many hours and many articles but i cannot find the problem. I think it is with the Ports but for me it seems that all settings are correct.

In CF Administrator is Port 5005 and Line Debug is activated. The are as decriped in many articles and in the help. The Firewall does not blocks Port 5005 (and I have tried with deactivated).

I can start the debug in CF Builder one time only correctly. When I will start a second time the debugger hangs and says cannot connect to RDS Server, (Unable to connectto RDS Server) but the RDS runs correctly as I can see in my databases, RDS Dataview shows all databases correctly at the same time.

I am greatfull for any ideas.

Regards Roger

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you start the debugger the first time, do you ever stop it?  If you try to run it again without stopping it will not be able to connect as the first instance is still connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sean

Thank you for your interest. It is this way when I start the debugger I can work with it as long as I want. I thought that I had to stop it each time. When I stop it (stop button) then I cannot connect another time without restarting the PC as described above. I have tried to stop the debugger in ColdFusion Server Administrator and it did not work either.

Regards,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF 9?  Have you installed the 9.0.1 updater as well?

Standalone, Multi-server, or J2EE install?  Running on JRun if the J2EE install?

I have to say, I am stumped.  I have run the debugger many, many times, on all different configurations and have never seen it have an issue like that.

Can you start CF from the console, and see what kind of messages you are getting when the debugger starts and stops. You should see messages that the debugging service started, connected, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes CF9 with Update 9.0.1, Standalone on Win64 with IIS. Istalled on the default locations.

According to your questions I came to the solution that the problem was in CF server and not in CF Builder. I have completely deinstalled and reinstalled the CF server and it works well now.

Thank you for your assistance I am happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation