• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp7- Video does not work in compiled chm

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a swf file in one of my topic. When i preview the topic or generated chm, swf works fine. But when copy the chm on another location and try to the same, a cross appears instead of the video.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the path you are using for the video is not available from the other user's PC. Check that you are not using a relative path and that the path is available elsewhere.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The swf file is on the root of the project. I have not given any relative path to embed this video. Even when i copy the chm on my desktop, i am unable to view the video through the chm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the .SWF to your project's baggage files?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, I have added that too. But no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to chiime in late here. Is the CHM by chance being viewed on a 64 bit system? If so, the link below will be of interest.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. It was very informative.

But the video embedded in the chm works fine through robohelp and also when i preview the topic. When i open the same chm directly from the SSL folder, the video doesn't play . Same is the problem with Window Vista, only it works fine with Window XP.

If i am not wrong is this a problem because of ActiveX check in Window Vista or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Sort of hard to explain. When you decide to open a CHM on a 64 bit machine, it opens using the Windows 64 bit version of the CHM viewer. Because the CHM viewer relies on elements of Microsoft Internet Explorer for display of objects, and because there is no 64 bit version of the Flash Player yet for browsers, it fails.

For some reason, when you preview or launch the CHM directly from RoboHelp (not by double-clicking it) it is launched using the 32 bit version of the CHM viewer and it knows how to present SWFs just fine. That's why you see the difference.

This is totally an issue with the Flash Player add in and has nothing whatsoever to do with ActiveX. Unless, of course, you meant that the Flash Player is an ActiveX object.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a Flash addin for window 7 64-bit. The video works fine now .

Thanks again.

But one more question? Is there a work around. i mean can the video work without the installation of Flash, if I use Robohelp 9 or something?

Looking forward for your valauable help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

I'd like to know what add in you added! Unless Adobe has finally made an add-in available for 64 bit systems it would have to be a third party add-in.

Please advise.

You also asked:

But one more question? Is there a work around. i mean can the video work without the installation of Flash, if I use Robohelp 9 or something?

Sorry, but the cold hard fact remains here. The video is in SWF format. The operating system always uses the Flash Player to present content in SWF format. I'm unaware of any other player for that format. If you don't wish to involve the Flash Player, you will need to consider converting your SWF to perhaps a movie format such as FLV, MOV, F4V, MPG or other. But if you do this you may face other issues.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp