• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding silence at end of audio recording

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate4 and Captivate's own audio feature to add narration - which I then edit to remove gaps, breathing etc.

When I try to add an silence of .5 or 1.0 sec to the end of the audio - no matter what I do, the period of silence the edit option seems to accept, is never in fact saved to the audio clip. Any ideas?

Clearly one way will be to leave a longer pause at the end of the actual recording and then edit the actual silence rather than try to add silence, but I often forget to do this.

Noel

Staffordshire

England

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

The way you add silence is as follows.

Edit the audio clip.

Position the playhead at the very end of the clip.

Re-position the playhead so that it's ever so slightly before the end of the clip.

What happens is that Captivate is trying to be too helpful. It sees the silence at the end of the clip and is ever so helpfully trimming it off. By inserting the silence just before the end of the clip, you will cause Captivate to retain the inserted silence.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was driving me nuts.  I searched the knowledge base and quickly found your solution.  This worked perfectly -- thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources