• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing PDF; can't select file

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long-time RoboHelp user but new to version 8 which I'm using in Windows XP. I am trying to import a PDF file and am not able to do so. I'm following the steps from help which says:

Import PDF files into a project

1. In the Project Manager pod, right-click Project Files.

2. Select the file to import into.

3. Select File > Import > PDF Document.

4. Select one or more PDF files. Click Open.

5. Select options in the Conversion Options dialog box.

6. If Create New Topic(s) Based On Style(s) was selected, click Next to select styles.

7. Click Finish.

This appears to be pretty straight forward, but I can't seem to find a way to select a PDF file as instructed in step 4. I'm assuming that I should see a selection box of some kind, but there's nothing.  I thought it might be hidden behind my RoboHelp desktop, but I've reduced it to about the size of a postage stamp and there is nothing else there. I thought there might be somewhere else to select from, maybe a pod or window, but nothing is visible and once I've started this process, I can't do anything but exit by forcing RH closed using Task Manager. If I try to click anywhere or move the RH window I can't; nothing happens except the pong sound. When I do force RH to close, I get a message which says "The system cannot end this program because it is waiting for a response from you."  I would love to respond if only I could find a way to do so!

The same thing happens if I try to inport a Word file or add a new baggage file. I am feeling like a very dumb new user and hoping someone has a suggestion for me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds suspiciously like the dialog has been positioned right off your desktop - try resetting your environment (workspace? I forget what RH calls it) and trying again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, you were right.  I was using dual screens. Refreshing my environment and moving the RH window to the other screen did the trick. I'm not sure why the selection dialog only shows if I import from the primary screen, but it's easy enough to change when I need to. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp