• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using getmydataByID(itemID:string):typemydata doesn't give all the values from mysql

Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using wamp server (php and mysql) as a datasource for my flex application. I am try to access all the colums with PatientID:(txtpatientid) --> this patientID is coming from a textbox and display them in a datagrid at button_click function, which calls the getmydataByID.lastresult function. If I use getAllmydata() function, it does work and displays all the data in the table, but when I try to use getmydataByID.lastresult, it shows only the first column in datagrid with that specific ID and ignores rest all colums with the same patientID.

For example:

ID  PatientID  Surname  Firstname Weight(kg)

1     1024        Jon          Kelly          50

2     1024        Mike        Jim             55

3     1025        Jackson    Kim            49

I want to show both first and second colums with PatientID 1024, but getmydatabyID function only shows the first column and ignores second one.

Please help, as I am badly stuck.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly let me know if further details required. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uzair,

It is very hard to figure out what exactly the logic behind you application, especially if getmydataByID.lastresult and getAllmydata() calls are invoked from your PHP or Flex. It will be great to see the full picture with code snippets.

As for your question, I would suggest to use the debugging tool, to better understand what information is retrieved per each call and by this pin point the logic of your application.

See this page for more information on debugging: http://files.zend.com/help/Flash-Builder-for-PHP/Help/debugging_a_flex_mobile_php_application.htm

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RoyGanor,

Thanks for your reply and all the guidance. I have actually tried doing debug but wasn't able to find the issue. Let me try to explain the scenario. I just want to show all the columns with PatientID of 1024 into a datagrid. There is a function, which is created automatically at the time of creating a DataService and its called getmydataByID (where mydata is just the name I have given to my DataService and "get & ByID" are pre-defined keywords for this fuction). I have tried to use this function but this functions works like searching on the Primary key only, and as the values of PatientID is not unique, so I can't define it as primary key to get use of this function.

Can you please give me an idea that how can I achieve this?

Thanks RoyGanor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines