• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting .chm files to pdf files using robohelp

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2008 Nov 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we convert .chm files to pdf files using robohelp plz?

any help regarding this would be appreciated.
kohsa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2008 Nov 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Wrong workflow. The RH project that created the CHM can produce other outputs. What you do is create a printed output as described in the Printed Documentation article on my site. Don't be put off by the length of the article. Producing the output is simple but the article explains pretty much everything in detail.

In theory you can output direct to PDF but most people find there are some tweaks they want to make in Word first, better page breaks and so on. You can also create the PDF from Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe2ashok hi,

Which program was used to create the CHMs?

Do you still have the sources for the CHMs? If you do then that's the way to go. Just use the sources and your Doc Generator (RoboHelp or other (shhhh...)).

If the sources are lost, then you will have to work out the best way is to try to import or convert them with some app. I have heard about a utility suite called "Far HTML" that is very nice.

I have exactly the same issue right now.

G luck

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you are looking to reverse engineer the CHM, that is covered on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp