Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML Index

Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Robohelp HTML version 8.0.

I created an index using webhelp pro as the output. When selecting an index entry, is there a way to have the location of the entry on the help page show as being highlighted or a way to easily identify the location on the page? Our help pages are rather long, so it would be helpful when clicking the index to not only display the help page, but the actual location of the entry on that page.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you using RoboHelp Server and publishing to that? If not, forget about using WebHelp Pro. Click here for more on that.

The only way to accomplish what you want is to insert a bookmark at the point where the index term exists in the topic, then link the index term to the bookmark.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

.....then link the index term to the bookmark.

How do you link the index term to the bookmark? There doesn’t seem to be a way to create a hyperlink from the index term----I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Robohelp HTML version 9? As I mentioned, I have version 8. And it appears you can only drag/drop topics from the topic list into the index pod under "Topics for: XXX." It doesn’t appear that you can drag/drop bookmark entries at version 8.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I just tested to be certain. It works in version 8. At least it works for me.

Perhaps you can use Jing or Screenr to record how you are trying and we might sort why it's not working for you?

http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

http://www.screenr.com/

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get this to work. Since we're creating HTML help, in my project settings, for Index, I selected the Add New Keywords to Index File HHK radio button. This change of course allows me to enter index keywords and bookmark topics for the selected word.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp