• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Adobe air app will run Only Flash Web browser....

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2011 Jun 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have re-installed Flash Builder So when I try and run a Adobe air app from the Flash Builder It brings up a prompt everytime saying - If the program is already running, close it before attempting to run. When I kill the Adobe Air debugger in the Task manager it pops up again saying If the program is already running, close it before attempting to run.

After waiting a few moments from trying again I get a message: Unable to connect to the Application to fetch profile data. Please try profiling the application again.

With Flash based - web browser apps - they run fine with no issue. How ever its only adobe air - desktop apps that run this way. This is the third time I have installed FB 4.5 on Windows 7 64 bit. last night it was all woprking fine I was able to debug my Flash Application and everything was working  - it has been doing this all day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouls Also state I am running Flash 10.3 and Air 2.6 with FB 4.5 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. I need help with this. I cannot launch any air apps from flash builder and there is nothing in the bin folder to launch and running the export as release build throws errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - In my bin-debu when this runs as a air desktop (which it wont run (see previous posts)) all there is - as out put - is a main.swf and a mai-app.xml

nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Please I see 15 people read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on people lets go!!!! I cant figure out whats wrong with flashbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also mention it no longer brings up that launching window that shows you its building the app - it also no longer shows you that its building the app in the lower right hand corner - it just shows the adobe air debugger in the windows task manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22 and not one reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have a stale Preloader entry in mm.cfg.

1. Find mm.cfg (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-7fc9.html will help).

2. Remove the PreloadSWF entry in the file, save it.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue suddenly today

After hours of scratching my head - and just before re-installing FlashBuilder 4.5 - I found this suggestion

I had an entry in the "mm.cfg" file:

PreloadSWF=C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9us94hs0.default\extensions\flashfirebug@o-minds.com\chrome\content\flashfirebug\flashfirebug.swf

- I deleted the line and it now works

---- aaarrrrggghhh - wasted time

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I restarted Firefox - and now the problem is back

I had to go to the file at:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\mm.cfg

again

It must be a combination of flash-debug version/firebug/

don't have time to find out how to permanently sort this out without uninstalling firbug/flash debug version

have to much other work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines