• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camtasia and Breeze: Do they play well together?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has any one had success using Camtasia generated .SWF files with Breeze Presenter? I am currently trying to integrate some content created with Camtasia into a Breeze Presenter project without success. I am pretty sure there is something simple that I am missing here. Does anyone have experience they can pass on?

Thanks!

JC
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2006 Jul 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We thought long and hard about using camtasia because of some audio features that made things far easier than captivate. However, camtasia has a issue with removing their player controls that leaves a 1 pixel white border around their swfs (among other issues).

We went rounds with their tech support, and while they were nice, they had no idea how to fix it, since it dealt with a core issue behind how they decided to use flash 8.

Short answer...camtasia did not work for us. We're started pouring our efforts into making captivate a better product, so if you have any suggestions there that you'd like us to pass on, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much for the feedback Jon.

I managed to solve the problem. Turns out .SWF files will not work properly in Breeze Presenter if you are running Flash Player 9. The problem is the ppt2swf.dll which references an object that does not exist. Google the ppt2swf.dll to find the technote with the link for the fixed .dll.

Another question for Breeze users with more experience than me. Is it possible to include player controls along with my .swf file if they reside in a seperate .swf? As far as I can tell Breeze works best with one .swf per slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources