• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to link to a Topic's Bookmark from code

Participant ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our developers program in Visual Objects, and when creating the F1 link between our applications and my CHM files, use the topic's htm file number (e.g. 1234.htm) to call the CHM file and open the appropriate topic.

Is it possible for them to call the CHM file, open the appropriate topic and then scroll to a given bookmark within that topic?

If this is possible, any ideas as to what the syntax might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using 1234.htm#bookmark.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2011 Jun 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This was my original thought too, but didn't work - opens the topic ok, but doesn't scroll down to

the bookmark. Has this worked for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has worked for lots of people. Bit of a longshot but I was doing some work with Dreamweaver and had the same problem until I moved the bookmark to after the title rather than before it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp