Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Table rows-autoflow text from one row to the next

Level 2

Hi,

can anyone help me with a formatting issue with tables;

I would like to set up a table with multiple rows and have the text automatically flow in the next row as you type once one is full...any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

hey there,

I just did the 1st row.

At the FULL event, I changed the Language to Javascript and put the following code:

xfa.host.setFocus(xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.Table1.Row3[1].Cell1"));

Now it's working. You can do it for the rest.
Tip: when coding, if you hold Ctrl+Shift and click on any field, you get the name of the field instantly.
Diego

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 5

hey buddy,

Let's say that each row is a textfield, right? So when the user reaches the end of the field, automatically jumps to the next row (textfield). Is that correct?

I think you can achieve this by using the FULL event of each row. So when the cursor reaches the end of the field, just put the focus to the next field.

Level 2

Hi,

Thank you!! I'd almost given up on this :)

would you be able to give me instructions on how to do this?

Level 5

Yes, take a look on my blog. It's in Portuguese but I think Google can help on that

http://diegosi.wordpress.com

Or you can download a sample file directly: http://diegosi.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=232

hope it helps

Diego

Level 2

Thanks Diego, I looked at the example & tried translating your blog but it's too complicated for a novice to work out! I'll cross my fingers & hope that someone can provide instructions in english

Level 5

don't worry, the PDF file I posted above is funcional. You can open it in your LC Designer and see how I did

Level 2

Yes I did try that but couldnt get it to work in my form, no idea what I was doing

wrong

Level 5

Well... if you want to, just post your form here so we can have a look.

Level 2

Thanks Diego, below is the form I have taken all my attempts at the script in the tables out that weren't working!

https://acrobat.com/#d=ndP6cfebt6nEOuRQB4cW1g

Level 5

I cannot open it, it says doesn't exist or I don't have rights to see it.

Level 2

Hi Diego,

I've attached it to the email hope that’s ok

Level 5

oops, didn't work, I cannot see it.

Try to upload here in the forum.

Correct answer by
Level 5

hey there,

I just did the 1st row.

At the FULL event, I changed the Language to Javascript and put the following code:

xfa.host.setFocus(xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.Table1.Row3[1].Cell1"));

Now it's working. You can do it for the rest.
Tip: when coding, if you hold Ctrl+Shift and click on any field, you get the name of the field instantly.
Diego

Level 2

Fantastic, thanks so much for your help!!