Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cpd disappeared

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH8, after trying to fix my

cpd file by opening it up in MS Access,I closed access and returned to the project folder in my c drive. I opened the project file, generated the project but still no cpd file!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Contrary to what you are probably believing to be true at this point, I'd be willing to bet a million dollars against a donut that the CPD *IS* in fact, present and accounted for. You may not see it, but it's there. Trust me. It has to be there or RoboHelp wouldn't work.

Likely what happened is that Windows is configured in such a manner as to hide certain file types from you. When you opted to open the CPD in Access, it likely associated files with CPD as the extension and now you don't see the CPD when you look at Windows Explorer.

To fix this, you will need to open Windows Explorer and configure it to show the types.

What version of Windows are you using? I ask because the process is slightly different depending on whether it's XP or Vista/Windows 7.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Rick. I feel much better after reading your answer. It is what I suspected. I'm on Windows XP.

I went to access to compress my file to get my project to run faster (it's taking 7 minutes to open). I suspected it was cpd bloat, as someone called it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, for XP you click Tools > Folder Options...

Then click the View tab.

Ensure the following options are set as shown below:

tmp1.PNG

Click OK to dismiss the dialog and check again. I'll bet the CPD is present and accounted for!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, you are right again, Sir!

The cpd is back but it looks like an access file.

cpdback.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp