Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Base Flash Classes Gone after installing FB 4.5 from CS 5.5

Guide ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all;

My company bought CS 5 for me in April, and I installed the trial of FB 4.5 because it had such great productivity enhancements and I knew the free upgrade was coming.  I uninstalled the trial and installed CS 5.5.  When I launched FB 4.5, my project was full of errors, where FB doesn't recognize basic data types such as int, DisplayObjectContainer, etc.  How do I tell FB where these Classes are?  I am completely dead in the water until this is resolved.

Thanks;

Amy

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I managed to figure it out and resolve it.  For those who might encounter this problem...

I started the project in FB 4, so when I installed the trial of 4.5, I just pointed the project to the 4.1 folder (because the 4.5 SDK caused some issues in my project).  When I uninstalled 4, the SDK was also removed.

The solution was to download the 4.1 SDK to the 4.5 folder, then point to that.  I had an issue in that 4.1 was the default SDK, and I had a hard time getting the "Configure SDK's" dialog to open (it kept failing with an "invalid values" message.  I finally found that clicking "specific SDK" allowed me to open the dialog.

Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines