• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate file suddenly unable to record/import/copy and paste - shuts down with error message.

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a project with lots of recording and I am now unable to do any of the following.  Suddenly when I try to:

1. add a new recording slide
  2. import a recording slide from another file (one by one)
  3. copy and paste a recording slide from another file

Captivate  freezes and shuts down because it incorporated an error.  Then it tells  me that another instance of captivate is recording and to shut it down  when I re-open it and try to record again. (there isn't another open)

I have tried:

1. opening it and renaming it and shrinking the file size, but if I need to do one more recording it freezes on the new file.
  2. opening a new file and recording.  this works, but the problem is that I cannot import or paste the other slides from the original file into the new file to make it complete.  I also cannot import this new recording into my original file to make it complete.
  3. opening the backup and trying to import or record.
  4. saving it under a new name and trying to import or record.

Any sugestions?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Isn't this the second time you have posted the same issue? First you appended your issue onto an existing thread. This thread is new.

I've deleted your original post where you appended leaving this thread to collect responses. Per the forum guidelines at the link below, please ask your question once in a single thread.

Click here to view

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources