• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error creating backup file

May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running adobe digital editions on a Mac OS X 10.6.3 and I keep getting this error message whenever I open adobe digital editions.

Error creating backup file: /Users/yongrufui/Documents/Digital Editions/backup_manifest.xml
Error detail: Error #2038

This message also appears when I go to Library view. And I can't load my new ebook either.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too , all of a sudden on a machine that was working last week.  I notice your original post was May - I can't believe no-one from Adobe has stepped in to help - pretty disgraceful really.

Windows 7 Pro

I can't delete the old backup manifest file as it says it does not exist, even though I can clearly see it in Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had an answer, but I have the same problem.  My error is: Error Creating Backup File  c:windows\personal\MyDigital Editions\Backup_Manifest.xml

Error Detail: Error #2038

I've reported this to Adobe and someone is trying to resolve, but its been over 4 days now.  All of the suggestions provided so far haven't fix it.

I get this error upon Launching ADE.  Always comes up on Launch, but I can move on by clicking OK.  However, all that does is remove the error message. Still cannot download books from library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.6.7.  Same problem.  Seem to have solved as follows:

Running anti-virus, with on-access scanning.  This interferes with ADE it seems.  Switched it of, uninstalled ADE, moved the .pdf files I had in Users/this_user/Documents/Digital Editions to a temporary folder.  Trashed the whole digital editions directory.  Then used CleanMyMac to make sure nothing of ADE remained (optional I guess, but I was getting tired of wasting my time with Adobe!).  Then re-installed the ADE from the web.  It said it could not find the books I moved, now worries.  Then installed the books I had bought by clicking on links and after that moved old books back to the newly created Digital Editions directory (same place as before).  When this seemed to work - I saw my books in Library - I restarted my antivirus, etc.

This seemed to work today...  hope it helps someone.  I am thinking that the anti-virus somehow interferes, although I have not seen this problem with any other app on the Mac yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back. I've been able to download books using ADE from Borders, however, it doesn't work when I go to download books from my local library. I'll have to try some of the steps you did and give it another try.

-

henknz <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Mac OSX 10.6.7.  Same problem.  Seem to have solved as follows:

Running anti-virus, with on-access scanning.  This interferes with ADE it seems.  Switched it of, uninstalled ADE, moved the .pdf files I had in Users/this_user/Documents/Digital Editions to a temporary folder.  Trashed the whole digital editions directory.  Then used CleanMyMac to make sure nothing of ADE remained (optional I guess, but I was getting tired of wasting my time with Adobe!).  Then re-installed the ADE from the web.  It said it could not find the books I moved, now worries.  Then installed the books I had bought by clicking on links and after that moved old books back to the newly created Digital Editions directory (same place as before).  When this seemed to work - I saw my books in Library - I restarted my antivirus, etc.

This seemed to work today...  hope it helps someone.  I am thinking that the anti-virus somehow interferes, although I have not seen this problem with any other app on the Mac yet.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick note about library ebook transfer software....

There is more than one software package used by libraries. I'd suggest you

talk with your library's support guru and find out which one they use. In

my case I interface with four libraries, and there are three different

packages. If your library uses Overdrive, it works very well with MAC's -

not so well at times with PC's. Your library support guru can walk you

through the steps - or perhaps provide a cheat sheet.

Regarding uninstall/reinstall of ADE. When ADE goes to install, it looks at

ADE files on your computer, and will use any it finds instead of downloading

them again. With PC's, that means ADE will reactivate any ADE files it

finds in the TRASH folder - and I presume it will do the same with MACs.

Also, there are known incompatibilities with anti-virus software in the PC

world, as well as certain browsers. The ADE FAQ page gives you some

(cryptic) information about which ones and what incompatibilities.

Hope this helps!

==================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for the input. I'll check with the library tech's to see if I can correct this problem.

-

Frustrated in AZ <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Just a quick note about library ebook transfer software....

There is more than one software package used by libraries.  I'd suggest you

talk with your library's support guru and find out which one they use.  In

my case I interface with four libraries, and there are three different

packages.  If your library uses Overdrive, it works very well with MAC's -

not so well at times with PC's.  Your library support guru can walk you

through the steps - or perhaps provide a cheat sheet.

Regarding uninstall/reinstall of ADE.  When ADE goes to install, it looks at

ADE files on your computer, and will use any it finds instead of downloading

them again.  With PC's, that means ADE will reactivate any ADE files it

finds in the TRASH folder - and I presume it will do the same with MACs.

Also, there are known incompatibilities with anti-virus software in the PC

world, as well as certain browsers.  The ADE FAQ page gives you some

(cryptic) information about which ones and what incompatibilities.

Hope this helps!

==================

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, it seems that it also depends on where you get the ADE from (puzzling).  Loans may not work still.  I honestly believe Adobe must look into this and drop us a line here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download ADE from another site, you risk getting a copy that's not

current, and that could be the problem.

==============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines