Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements from other slides are showing up in background

Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running the published file the first slide shows elements from other slides in the background (ei. graphics, text, bullet points), this is happening on all browsers for MAC and Firefox on the PC. Ei for the PC seems okay. Any solutions here is a URL to a test http://www.totalretirement.com/podcasts

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had "alien" text shadows appear in a presentation I published recently. After repeated failures to correct, I discovered the presentation's slide master contained text "layout" graphics that were pasted over. Didn't appear when the PPT file was played, but showed when I published in Adobe Presenter. All I can suggest is, check your PPT master. May be some stuff there that needs to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wardofwards - I had a look at the Prezo at the stipulated website and could not see anything wrong. In fact I thought it was a brilliant interview and think a lot of people could learn from it (well done). What am I missing? Maybe you can be more specific and tell me what am I supposed to look out for? Otherwise GOOD JOB!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this exact problem- you are not going to like the solution. <G>

Short answer - rework your template master presentation in powerpoint to be less complex graphically.

For me it looked like slides are stacking on top of each other, sometimes participants see this, some times they don't.

The core problem-

If you use anything as a background image or multiple images in your slide masters starting in power point, the presenter/converter will get confused.

I am not a flash expert- but I think it has something to do with layers as templates for other slides.

My solution-

Use a default template from powerpoint, with simple colors. If you want to add logo/image data put these images in small areas of the main master slide (the top one in the master view) , if that doesn't work try using single images.

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes, I have seen this problem occur when transparent objects are used throughout slides. I suggest deleting any object or background that has a transperency selected or just use solid colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources