Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problems with Digital Signatures

Former Community Member

I have a pdf with multiple signature fields. When somebody signs it in  9.x everything is fine, but when somebody signs it in a version earlier  than 9.0 it does not work. The signature fields do not even show up.  Somebody signed the pdf in 8.x and sent it back to me. I opened in 9.x,  and I could not see the signature fields. Is there a compability issue  between these versions. The pdf contains javascript and is a dynamic pdf  if that matters. Thanks in advance.

9 Replies

Former Community Member

I've also enabled reader rights, and the pdf was developed in livecycle.

Former Community Member

I've also got all the lock fields after signing information taken care of.

Former Community Member

What version of Designer was uset to create the form, and what was the Reader\Acrobat "Target Version" (File > Form Properties) (see attached screen shot) set to?

Thanks

Steve

Former Community Member

I have it set to "Acrobat and Adobe Reader 8.1 or later." Should I set it back to 8.0 or 7.0?

Former Community Member

You could definately try this as a test.  I don't know for sure if this is the cause but it could be related.

Steve

Former Community Member

It works on my computer when I dropped the target version to 7.x. However, I don't know if it will work on a true 8.0 version of Acrobat. I have sent it to a person who has Version 8.x, and I will let you know how it works. When you change that target version does that mean it will be compatible with the version or later you set it to?

Former Community Member

Unfortunately, it appears that this solution did not work. I guess I will have to keep testing it.

Former Community Member

I would suggest you contact Adobe Technical Support as they may know if whatyou are experiencing is a known issue.

Regards

Steve