Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Printing Text from a Text Box in a Form

Level 2

Hi,

I've created an application for people to fill out. One part of the form is a text box that asks for a description. The problem is that sometimes people will type more than what I have sized out the text box to be in the form. You can read all the information when you have the document open in Adobe by scrolling down in the text box, but when you print it, it will only print the size of the text box. Is there a way to get this to print in full?

Obviously, I could enlarge the text box, but unless I have it engulf the entire page, I'm sure I'll still run into this problem. To keep the application attractive looking I'd rather keep the text box the size that it is and keep my fingers crossed that Adobe has a function that will accommodate this.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You will need to rearrange your form and subforms in a way that they can flow accordingly.

The parent subform that you put the textField needs to be set as Flowed as well as the first ones.

Take a look in this sample, see if it helps:

http://diegosi.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/campos_dinamicos.pdf

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 5

Well... you could set you texfield to Allow Multiple Lines and on Layout pallete, you set the Height to Expand to fit.

By doing this your text field will grow vertically as the user fills in.

Does it help?

Level 2

Great! That worked for me. (Note: to anyone else who read this message board, you have to save the PDF file as a dynamic file to get it to work). But now I have a new problem. The text box will expand but it goes over any other text or form information that I have on the page. Is there an option to get the rest of the form to "move down" if I expand the text box?

Correct answer by
Level 5

You will need to rearrange your form and subforms in a way that they can flow accordingly.

The parent subform that you put the textField needs to be set as Flowed as well as the first ones.

Take a look in this sample, see if it helps:

http://diegosi.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/campos_dinamicos.pdf

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem as above and know i got a new one:

When the field expense i stops at the end of the page, is there a solution
that it go further on the next page? And move the fields and text that are on that page also to another page?

I appreciate it if you could give me the answer.

Best regards,

Sebas Wijnen

Level 5

Hi, I think you'll need to set the property of parent subform as 'flowed' and set the textfield to 'allow page breaks within content'

Try this and see if it works.

Diego

Former Community Member

Hello Diego,

I dind't work. It still stops at the end of the page.

Any other solution?

Level 5

Well... post you form here so we can have a look.

Level 5

hey buddy,

You'll need to set your form as Dynamic, right now it's static and I couldn't even fill in.

So I set to dynamic (in Form Properties) and set all the parent subforms to "Allow page breaks within content".

In top of that you'll have set your main form as "Flowed" even though your subforms are set to "positioned".

I did this to your form, have a look on the last textbox. If you enter a big text, it will span to a 2nd page.

hope it helps.

Diego

your form: https://acrobat.com/#d=U3UjURDctgn7SehsTIhlvg

Former Community Member

Hello Diego,

I tried but i can't get it fixed. I followed your steps but it doesn't go to the next pages.
And al the other forms doens't move either.

Other idea?

Thank you for your help so far!