• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back and Forward Buttons

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I am not sure how to properly explain this issue. When I generate the help file, I lose to ability to use the forward and back buttons on the navigation pane. A picture can be seen here http://www.psycho1.com/buttons.jpg

Did I accidently switch something off?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for starting a new thread. In the other post I replied:

"It sounds like you are referring to the browse sequence buttons and usually the reason is that the displayed topic is not part of a browse sequence.

If that is not the problem, then please start a new thread and explain in a bit more details including the type of help you are generating."

You are referring to Back and Forwards buttons but I think they are browse sequence buttons, is that the case? Is the topic in a browse sequence?

You haven't confirmed the help output but I would be surprised if that is not webhelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter~
I figured it would be easier to start a new topic. Can you please define a Browse sequence. The help currently is WebHelp Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A browse sequence is any number of topics which are placed in an order defined by you. The calls a topic that is in a browse sequence, let's say the first one for simplicity, and the button will be enabled. They then keep clicking the button to go through the topics in the order you have set.

Look for Browse Sequences in RoboHelp's own help file.

You say you are using WebHelp Pro. Please confirm you have RoboEngine.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

honestly peter i am not sure if we have roboengine. I just recently stepped into doing the help files. I will ask our it dept if we do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is rather critical as that is what WebHelp Pro needs. A lot of people think it just sounds as if it must be better and don't understand the link with RoboEngine.

You might find this link rather useful. Click here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently I am trying to find the pricing for roboengine. I know that we have X5, but I can't find the price for just RoboEngine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa up! Why are you trying to find the price? I suspect the majority of people creating webhelp do not use WebHelp Pro and thus do not use RoboEngine. Ordinary WebHelp is not some sort of lite version. Did you read the topic on RoboWizard's site? (See the link in my last post)

The whole problem might be as simple as you are generating the wrong type of help, perhaps without a browse sequence. Slow down and work carefully through the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2006 Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading that link again, I realize that it woudl be best if I were to just use WebHelp. But with WebHelp the Browse Buttons do not show up anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the second page of the wizard, you have to tick the Browse Sequence option. If it is not there, it is because you have not defined a browse sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything special I need to do in order to prepare the help file for deployment? Or can I just use the view primary layout files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the webhelp pro you have been generating, webhelp is not a single file. You generate in the same way you did for WebHelp Pro except you double click the WebHelp layout under Single Source Layouts.

If that is not what you mean, please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I have been using the !ssl! WebHelp folder to do all my link checking and such. Is there another way I would prepare to have my Help file generated ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this meant to be linked to the last question or is this an add on?

Please help me to help you by making things clear rather than just throwing in one liners.

You can generate your output to any folder you care to create. Just specify it in the first field of the first page of the wizard. It can be outside your project as well. Just don't try to generate it to anywhere in the output. RH should not let you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am just confusing myself today. Okay, the output I can currently viewing is from the location which I gave RH to put the project itself. Do i just use that output when the company distributes the software. Or is there another way to go about distributing the help file. For instance CHMs are a single file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No you have been successfully confusing me as well but this time I think I can see your problem.

The easiest way to understand this is to create a brand new project somewhere. Immediately you have opened it, use Windows Explorer to examine the folder structure. You will see the project folder and a sub folder containing the files and folders for the skins. You will not see an !SSL! folder.

Now generate a webhelp output using all the default settings. Click Done at the end of that process and go into Windows Explorer again. Now you will see the "SSL" folder with the webhelp output. All that you find there is what you would give to your developers. You do not have to generate to that folder though. You could create a folder on your hard disk called Webhelp_Output or whatever you like.

It's the same for your main project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp