• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp V 5 Updates and Blank Popups

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what the RoboHelp 5.0.1 and 5.02 updates provide? I thought I read something about one incorporating the XP SP 2 patch so I didn't update RoboHelp.

A few months ago, I was having trouble with blank popups in my help system files. Our IT group told me not to load the XP SP2 patch. Instead, they got a "soft" patch from Microsoft and after loading it on my pc, the problem seemed to go away. However, the blank popups and script errors are now occurring on some of our test computers. Can you tell me what might be the problem? Can it be the version of IE? I am using XP and RoboHelp 5X.

Also, does anyone know if I update RoboHelp to 5.0.2, will the XP SP2 patch be loaded on my computer?

Also, I have only been giving the software engineers the .chm file and I have a glossary in my help system. Do I need to have them install and register the HHActiveX.DLL file on the end user's computers? Sorry, I know these are basic questions, but I've read some things and I'm still not sure!

Any help anyone can provide will be appreciated!!

I will appreciate anything you can do to help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link takes you to the downloads page where you can read what the updates cover. Click here.

RH SP2 is nothing to do with Windows SP2 and does not install the latter.

Can't help you on the CHM but I am sure someone else can cover that. I believe the answer is Yes but I am not sure.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I tried to upgrade from RoboHelp but could not. I went to the website you provided and downloaded the update for 5.0.2. I checked my version and it is X5.0.1 build 606. My RoboHelp sOffice oftware is installed in the Program Files folder.
I ran the RH013_X502.exe file but could not get the install to complete. I got the following messages:

Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk.
Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path.
Unable to locate file C:\DOCUME~1\baileycd\LOCALS~1\Temp\_is1AB\RoboHelp Office X5.0.2 Update.msi.

Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product RoboHelp Office X5.0.2 Update. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

Error: - 1603 Fatal error during installation.
Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.

The upgrade gave me no opportunity to choose the path. Do I have to have the .exe file in a specific folder? Does RoboHelp have to be installed somewhere else? Do you know what I need to do to install this upgrade? We are having problems with our help file and I think recompiling after I update RoboHelp may fix the problem.

Once again...thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using your login when you install the upgrade and is that the login that was used to install RH originally?

It must be your login, not an IT person's login.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I get the InstallShield Wizard dialog box with the “Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for RoboHelp Office X5.0.2 Update” message. I click Next.

On the Liscense Agreement dialog box, I click Yes.

On the Setup Status dialog box, when it gets to “Copying Files”…, the messages I indicated start displaying in the following dialog boxes:RoboHelp Office X5.0.2 Update, RoboHelp Office X5.0.2 Update Error, and Feature Transfer error,

I return to the InstallWizard screen and have to click Finish but the update is not installed.

I never see a login screen or a screen that lets me specify where RoboHelp is loaded on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH like many applications nows how to find where it is installed.

You have not answered my question. The login rights are important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I don't know what you mean by login. To what and where? Are you talking about login rights to this site? I don't get a login screen when I execute the update file and I don't have to login to RoboHelp. You may think I'm just a dumb user, but I don't know what you are talking about!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about when you log on to your PC. You may need to talk to your IT people. Refer them to this topic. Click here.

You have marked one of your own posts as the answer to the problem. The post was simply a thank you for the help you had given but your problem has not been resolved. The idea is that when someone posts something that solves your problem, that post is marked as the answer. Only you can reverse the Answer so please do that as others looking at this thread quickly might think the problem has been resolved and not attempt to help. Also others later looking for an answer to the same problem have to wade through all the posts instead of going straight to the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2006 Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter. Thanks for explaining the process....Also, I found out I have Administrator's rights on my PC. However, my network login has changed since I installed RoboHelp. My plan is to uninstall RoboHelp, delete the remaining folders, reboot, and reinstall. I hope this resolves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

One more thing...before I uninstall and reinstall RoboHelp. My RoboHelp X5 is an upgrade to RoboHelp 9. If I uninstall RoboHelp and try to reinstall the 5X upgrade, will the system look for Version 9 and stop the installation because it is not there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My upgrade CDs have never asked for earlier versions including when installing on a rebuilt machine.

The fact that you have been using a different login to the one used for RH installation will have caused many issues and reinstalling should fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

SUCCESS...thanks to you!! I reinstalled the software and upgraded without a hitch!! I really appreciate your help and I am very pleased with the level of support Adobe is providing for RoboHelp users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Egh? Where does Adobe support come into this?

The support in this forum is from other users of the product. Take a look at my website and you will see I do the same job as you. The Adobe Community Expert thing is a recognition by Adobe of the work that people like myself put into responding to posts and maintaining web sites etc. Click here.

Glad you have got the show back on the road.

Goodnight to one and all as it is nearly bedtime over here. Have a great weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

As usual, you led me to the right place...thank you.

As for the HHActiveX.DLL file - I read on the website you directed me to that the RoboHelp update for Word 2003 (and I quote) "Removes the dependencies for the redistributable HHActiveX.dll." Do you know what that means relative to the second part of my question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2006 Aug 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My interpretation is that if you apply the update, you do not need to distribute the dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

When RoboHelp X5 was originally distributed, the version of HHActiveX.dll that it came with was faulty and could not be installed on end users' PCs because it had dependencies on other RoboHelp files. The X5.0.1update provided a new version of HHActiveX.dll that didn't have those dependencies, so it could be successfully installed on end users' PCs. It might be that if you bought RoboHelp X5 more recently, it would come with a ready-corrected version of the HHActiveX.dll file, but if not then you need the X5.0.1 update.

And Yes, you do need to install that file for your end users to see the Glossary.

Hope this helps.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saro et all,

If it is any help, we distribute the following version of the HHActiveX.dll to register on end users PCs. We have not had any problems reported.

Version 13.10.801.0
Date Modified: 04 November 2004, 10:54:04

You can check the version by right clicking on the file and selecting properties.
I'd be interested in anyone who has had any problems with registering and working with this .dll.

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

That's the version that I've got in the RoboHelp Offics Redist directory. We've actually been distributing Version 13.10.606.0, dated 23 February 2004. That was the first version that fixed the installation problem, so anything older than that could cause problems.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anne,

Thanks - I'm double checking this with Adobe and will post any additional information that is passed on to me.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you! I appreciate the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp