Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context sensitive WebHelp in IE9 jumps to the wrong places

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using TCS 2.0 (RH8 - 8.0.2.208) to create my WebHelp with context sensitivity.

The output works fine in IE7 and IE8, but in IE9 the topics jump to the wrong help pages.

Is this a known bug, is this a setting that should be changes, or.....

Thanks!

Gideon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What method of calling WebHelp are you using? Is the WebHelp local or on a server? Does the help open the incorrect page or does the webhelp open on the wrong part of the correct page?

I just tested with IE9 and topicid's on local WebHelp from RH802 and it worked just fine.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam,

The context sensitive help is called in a little difficult way (I think, but this is historical). In The FM files we have TopicAlias markers for the context sensitivity. In RH we generate a MapID file with the markers.

The developers call per help button(read:Topic) a special file in which we link the button code to its related TopicAlias, which then is read from the MapID.

The WebHelp is incorporated in the software and is installed on a server. The user uses his browser to start the software and within that window he calls for help by clicking the Help button.

This method works perfect for IE 6, 7, and 8. In IE 9 the topics jump to incorrect places. The WebHelp has not changed and is on the server. The only thing that changed was that some of the users had IE 9 installed on their computers and experienced the problem.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Gideon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp