• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a .doc file into RH7 using Word 2010?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They recently upgraded me to Office 2010 here and now I can't import word files (even the older .doc style for Word 97/2003) into RH HTML. I get this error message:

"The Import Word Document Wizard cannot locate a supported version of Microsoft Word.
Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or newer."

I'm assuming this is because RH 7 doesn't support Office 2010? Are there workarounds for this?

Thanks in advance.

RH 7 (latest patch)

Word 2010

Win 7, 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did come up with my own workaround. I did File | Save As inside word and saved the doc file as an .htm file and imported that, so at least that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2011 Jun 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jared

Take a look at the Importing topics on my site as the HTML of the topics created may need some cleaning up.

For the benefit of anyone else, yes you do need a compatible version of Word to import a document that is in .DOC format.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp