• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email button works in preview mode but not when published to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2011 Jun 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had cracked everything but -  I have set preferences to email results to a specific address. In preview mode this works and outlook is opened with all the details. Once I have published to Acrobat 9 pdf - there is no response to the email button. If I play the SWF file I have the same problem. What am I doing wrong? Using Captivate 5 trial and Acrobat 9.3 Pro.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange I did a search on the site but found no answers but via Google I was pointed to the forum where this was discussed as a Captivate 3 & 4 issue. So it seems it has been a problem in that past and possibly a problem with Captivate 5.  Has anyone a workaround for this that does not involve installing servers and such (at least at this point)

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

You might try adding the location to the trusted locations list as described below:

Click here to view

But i'm guessing you didn't see the link below.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply - a little tricky only because the edit machines dont have anti-virus software so they not connected to internet.

I have discovered that if I publish to an exe file then the issue is resolved but my brief is publish to a pdf. If this means that all is required to is to change clients' flash settings then I am in clover.  Will report back on tuesday.

I understand that software can only work given the perfect conditions. It would have been nice for Adobe to publish a list of gotchas i.e.

This button works - when and only if - and under these circumstances. It was the last element that I would have through caused a probem.

Then we can cut to the chase a lot quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources