Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the default width of a highlight box in Captivate 5.5

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question about setting the default width and height settings of a Highlight box in Captivate 5.5. I know how to adjust those settings in an individual instance -- I select the highlight box, open the Windows menu, choose Properties, and then adjust those settings under Transform (where I can change X, Y, W, and H). What I don't know how to do is accomplish that globally, before I make a recording. I know how to access the Object Style Manager, but no matter how I access that, I never see the Highlight box on the list of styles I can edit, and I don't see the Transform settings in the Object Style Manager, so even assuming the Highlight box was on the list of styles, I don't see how I can edit the W and H settings.

The default setting of a Highlight box is 34 by 20, which is not wide enough for the menu options I typically click on and want to demo.

Thanks very much in advance for any help. I apologize if I am missing something obvious....

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Width or dimensions of objects are not part of the object styles.

And it is too bad that in the Transform accordion dimensions, position and rotate are all together. You can apply changed properties to all Highlight boxes useing the small curved arrow in the right top of that accordion, but not the dimensions separately. This is really something I already entered a feature request for multiple times, but it is not there, sorry.

If you are adding highlight boxes manually, you could copy the highlight with the correct dimensions, but I do not know if it is possible to set the default dimensions for a highlight box, do miss it really.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources