Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 9.0.1

TCS 3

Word 2010

Webhelp

I reference an image file in the custom master page. This file exists in the project folder but when i generate output, a copy file is created with _nc appended to the file name and each topic references this image file insteatd of the original file i pointed to in the master page.

So CompanyLogo.png is copied and called CompanyLogo_nc.png and reference dint he topic files.

Any idea why this happens?

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Hi Rob

The amended name seems to suggest that RoboHelp has encountered another file with the same name that was used somewhere in the project. I believe RoboHelp uses _NC meaning "New Copy".

Have you scoured the project to see where the original may have been used?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

The amended name seems to suggest that RoboHelp has encountered another file with the same name that was used somewhere in the project. I believe RoboHelp uses _NC meaning "New Copy".

Have you scoured the project to see where the original may have been used?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! that helped a treat. Yes there were some legacy files with the same name buried int he directory structure. I had originally tried

incorporating the logo in the Custom Tool (the one that includes the Searchtoolbar

field entry and the contents, index etc. buttons) I chnage dthe approach and now theres a nice clear large logo

in the topic itself.

I had failed to clean out the project folders. Is there a script to run to remove unused files?

Lots of unwanted files seem to accumulate from earlier development of the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's the Unused Files report. It doesn't automatically remove anything, and you shouldn't just delete everything listed in it, as some files are "used" but not in the way the report searches for. But it's a starting point for you to manually clean out files.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp