Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is V8?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a license for RoboHelp V8 but not for V9. I'm trying to locate the download for V8 on the Adobe site but have had no luck in doing so. Can someone please help?!

Regards,

Jamie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie

Did you purchase on-line from the Adobe store? If that's how you purchased, you should be able to log into the store and download from there.

If you are referring to the trial, it's common for Adobe to replace the links with the links to the newest trials. No need to offer trials for software they aren't actively selling.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corporate purchase through a third party supplier. We usually get a licence code sent to us, we download the latest version and install, since we generally use the latest version of all software. However, in this case I had my machine rebuilt about 6 months back, have a new PC now and need to use Robohelp to update some project help; no need to upgrade to V9 given the minor changes... but I have no copy of the V8 install anywhere.

Any ideas?!

Cheers,

Jamie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should find it on licensing.adobe.com - all your old versions are available there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I did personally make the purchase - and therefore do not have an account, how can I do this?

Jamie

Sent with Good (www.good.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said that it was a corporate purchase through a 3rd party supplier. Try registering at the licensing site - I imagine that your company will be there already. Adobe moved all their license tracking into that site a couple of years ago. If you had registered your software, it will probably be in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok so I won't need a login - just the license itself should locate the kit? If so that'd work. If a login then locating that will be impossible in a company this size.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I remember, you create a login to the licensing site. During the registration process you tell them what your company name is that purchased the software. That way they associate you with the company on file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm yeah maybe - but how would they associate this specific license with the thousands of others we have purchased?

I have a feeling this is not going to be possible.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'd all be listed. Give Adobe a call and see what the licensing people can do for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Customer Service will be able to help you provided you have proof of purchase.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I think that's a good idea - will call them tomorrow. Thanks.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you have a licence but do you have the serial number to prove it? If you do, one option is to upgrade to RoboHelp 9 for $399. During installation it will look for RoboHelp 8 and if not found it will ask for the RoboHelp 8 serial number as well, you don't have to install it.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! Perfect! That's what I needed to know- will try that today! Thanks!

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - but that requires me to spend another $399 to get what I've already paid for?

Jamie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I had worked that out. The point was that if you simply cannot get what you need (RoboHelp 8 download), it is an option. As one of my old managers said when I questioned "Do nothing" in a business case "it isn't a clever option as we will go broke, but it is an option".

Correct me if am I wrong but right now you haven't got anything.

I wanted to point out the upgrade price isn't as high as it used to be.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help btw - it IS appreciated - I'm just kind of frustrated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp