• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'untitled' TOC topic

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A topic in my RH7 project appears in the compiled TOC with the name 'untitled' despite the fact that it has a name like every other topic.

I checked back to a previous chm and in that the topic is fine but the one below it in the TOC appears 'untitled'.

If I compile the project as webhelp the problem does not exist.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please display the properties of the affected TOC node and capture the screen? Then insert the image into this thread using the Camera icon.

Thanks... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go:

TOC Properties.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the topic from the TOC and reinserting it?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've tried that.

I guess I could just delete the entire topic and re-create it but I would prefer to learn what has gone wrong if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humour me.

Delete it again, close RoboHelp and trash the CPD file. Use a copy of the project to be safe.

Reinsert the topic in the same book and in another book.

If that fails, then with the project closed, open the HHC in Notepad or similar and see if you can locate the entry there.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I deleted the TOC entry, closed the project, trashed the CPD file, re-opened the project and added the topic to the original book and to another one.

When compiled, the topic in the original book is still named 'untitled' but it is OK in the new book.

I can see it in the HHC file but it looks the same in both books.

This suggests to me that the problem is with the book so I created another book with the same name and put the same topics in it. When compiled, the original book still has the problem and the new one is fine BUT when I delete the original book and compile, the new book now has the problem.

Next I re-created a new book with the same topics in but gave the book a different name. Now when I compile, the problem topic has the correct name but with 2 letters missing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we could make a TV competition out of this!

What level are these books at?

If you apply a new title in the TOC rather than changing the Topic Title, does that stick? Please say Yes because I am running out of ideas.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pop Topic? Yes I'm sure it would catch on.

This is a third level book.

I've just renamed the topic TOC title as 'Problem reports' and it compiled as 'Probl reports'.

Then I created a completely new topic titled 'Standard reports' and copied the content of the problem topic into it and added it to the book. It compiled as 'Standd reports.'

Then I added it to a new book and it compiled as 'untitled.'

Aargh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!

I have moved the book to a different position within the same TOC level, compiled and it was fine.

Luckily the placement isn't critical.

I guess I'll just have to put it down to one of RH's quirks and hope to goodness it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for all your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Congratulations on winning the competition.

Please tune in again next week folks for the next challenge from Authorgirl.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp