• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor/Mouse trails in FMR

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a software tour in Captivate, and for a number of reasons have to use FMR. After publishing there are gray marks that appear in the path of the mouse cursor as it moves around the screen. I've tried changing the quality settings and frame rate but nothing helps. This is a deal breaker with my client, so I'd like to get this fixed or I'll have to use Camtasia, which I'd rather not do since we already have Captivate licenses.

trails.JPG

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Personally, if FMR is what you want, Camtasia will do a much better job, but hey ho if Captivate is what you will use...

Try configuring the quality as well as NO RESCALING. Record at the EXACT size you will play back.

Configure the quality by Edit > Preferences > Recording > FMR

Click image for larger and possibly clearer view.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Camtasia does a better job. I've seen the results side by side. But Camtasia lacks certain interactivity features that my customer demands, so I'm handcuffed to a solution with a built-in problem. I hate that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I choose No Rescaling? I can't seem to find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another piece of the puzzle. My SWFs look great in Firefox and Chrome on some PCs. In IE 8 they look fuzzy and show the gray marks. (I'm using Win7 BTW)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Therein lies the rub. Quite simply, there is no option that says "No Rescaling". What you must do is to determine the exact dimensions you wish to play the presentation back at and record at those dimensions so there is no change.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've captured just the middle portion of the screen since the SW is larger than 1024x768, and I haven't rescaled, so no help there. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something I found to work in removing these ghost lines is to turn off Advanced Project Compression.

AdvancedCompression.png

I first turned off all compression options, then progressively turned them back on again and publish after each change to find which one was causing the issue.  I found Advanced Project Compression cannot be used with FMV otherwise you get ghost lines.  But they disappeared as soon as I turned this off.

See if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources