Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify default DHTML drop-down appearance in RH9

Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use any background shading in my main topic windows but I would like the DHTML dropdowns to have background shading. Is there a way to do this in RH9, please?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Are you talking about the DHTML Hotspot itself or the text within it. If you are referring to the hotspot, you can add a highlight colour to the Drop Down Hotspot style in our .CSS file. If you are referring to the actual drop down text, one way to achieve this is to create a new style with the required highlight and to apply this to the text inside the drop down.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the DHTML Hotspot itself or the text within it. If you are referring to the hotspot, you can add a highlight colour to the Drop Down Hotspot style in our .CSS file. If you are referring to the actual drop down text, one way to achieve this is to create a new style with the required highlight and to apply this to the text inside the drop down.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, referring to the background colour of the drop down text. Thanks for the suggestion - - will try creating a special style for that.

Michael West | Business Improvement | Aurecon

Ph: +61 3 8683 1144 | Fax: +61 3 8683 1444 | Mob: 0407 485 228

Email: WestM@ap.aurecongroup.com

PO Box 321, South Melbourne | VIC 3205 | Australia

http://www.aurecongroup.com

http://www.aurecongroup.com/apac/groupentity/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a suggestion worth trying, but I find this not quite suitable because it highlights the text but not the background, leaving bands of colour rather than a solid shading.

I may need to use separate pop-up topics rather than drop-downs in order to get a clear visual separation between the content of the pop-up/drop-down and the main page that it sits in.

Michael West

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Superb! I wouldn't have thought to try that style edit method. And the little trick of indentation is excellent too -- it might even be sufficient, in a short drop-down, to help the users distinguish where the drop-down ends and the regular topic text begins.

Where I have a lot of content packed into a dropdown, indentation is not really practical, but the style tweak you've shown me will do the job.

Many thanks.

--

Michael West

Disclaimer - http://www.aurecongroup.com/apac/disclaimer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp