Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up FB4.5 iOS Packager to use AIR 2.7

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'd like to update my Flash Builder so that the mobile packager for Android and iOS uses the new AIR 2.7 SDK.

How do I do this?

I've downloaded the AIR 2.7 SDK, but the instructions say I should use the command line - but I'd like it integrated into my version of FB4.5.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

According to this article, Adobe will release the real FlashBuilder update later this month...  http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2011/06/adobe-air-2-7-now-available-ios-apps-4x-faster.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a similar question being asked here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3708402

Adobe, it's really unclear as to how we're supposed to intgerate the new AIR 2.7 SDK into Flash Builder builds. Can somebody please clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to use the emulator for iOS (and possibly package) :

Copy the Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\4.5.0 folder to an other place. Overwrite the content of that copy with the AIR sdk.

You will now be able to compile and use the IOS emulator in command line (be sure that ADT and ADL are in the path variable).

Your command line will look like this :

adl -runtime "COPY_FOLDER\runtimes\air\win" -profile mobileDevice -screensize 700x862:700x900 -XscreenDPI 72 -XversionPlatform IOS FULL_APP.XML_PATH FULL_PROJECT_bin-debug_PATH

I didn't try the packager for now cause I don't have a valid iOS certificate, but you will have to use adt instead of ADL and export your project to the AIRI format.

I hope Adobe will simplify the process SOON....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your approach Rangora.

Adobe, is there are an official way to integrate AIR 2.7 into FlashBuilder 4.5? Or do we need to 'hack' our install folder that way Rangora describes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess hacking the SDK is the only way to do it - seems dirty to me, but looks like it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoR7myfw9ww&feature=related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this article, Adobe will release the real FlashBuilder update later this month...  http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2011/06/adobe-air-2-7-now-available-ios-apps-4x-faster.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pre-release version of 4.5.1 and I believe that's one of its features so waiting is probably the best bet for now, unless you're in a rush and want to stick with the command line approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2011 Jun 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies. I guess we'll have to wait for official integration, but I can confirm that hacking the SDK as per the above youTube video does work. I've done a full lifecycle of compiling and deploying to iPad using the new 2.7 SDK and the SDK hack approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines