• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-complete not working on variables/functions within a class in FlashBuilder 4.5

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm using Flash Builder 4.5 (not burrito), and I'm not getting auto-complete on variables or functions within the class I'm working in.  It will auto-complete classes, and even variables within another variable, but not a variable within that class.

As an example, let's say I have a class with this var:

private var myDate:Date = new Date();

If I start typing myD, I can't get myDate to autocomplete.  But once I type myDate., I'll get auto-complete for all the variables/functions in the Date class.

I've tried re-installing FlashBuilder and switching workspaces, but with no luck.

Also tried creating a brand new test project, but it didn't work there either.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to follow up on this and see if anyone's got any ideas of things to try here.

It affects all of my projects (so it's it's not a problem with a project-specific setting), and it makes it quite difficult to code.

Thanks!

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started a petition. We all know the drill - we comment here, raise bugs they slap down for 6months to a year. NOT THIS TIME. let's get organized people - sign the petition let's get it on the newsgroups and make some noise.

SICK OF THIS ADOBE : STEP UP YOUR GAME.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ADBFB45/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

After you type "myD" If u press cntrl + space it should auto-complete to myDate. Please raise a bug in http://bugs.adobe.com/flex with the sample project as i am not able to reproduce.

On the other hand if you were expecting code hint to show up as soon as you type "myD" (without pressing cntrl+space) , Please follow the below step.

Go to Window -> Preferences -> Flash Builder -> Editor

check the "use additional custom triggers" check box. Leave the keys as default value .

That should work for you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines