Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update AIP with 10.1 fails with error 1334

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yersterday, Adobe published AcrobatUpd1010.msp.

Today we wanted to update our AIP (10.0.3), but wrong package is noticed (although package should be cummulative)

So we´'ve updated major package 10.0.0 -> AIP update process finished successfully.

But rollout via GPO has crashed. Manual installation shows error 1334 "...acrord32.dll...not found in data1.cab...".

We've changed AIP-sourcefiles, but no success.

Help!

Klaus

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

I have verified that Acrobat 10.1 installation is happening properly using both GPO and manual installation from 10.1 AIP. I cannot see a crash through GPO or 1334 error when doing manual installation through AIP.

Can you pls. list out OS and language you are seeing this on. I would also like you to check once the steps with which you are creating AIP for 10.1

First you need to create an AIP using 10.0 and then patching it with 10.1 msp

Following are the steps:

1. msiexec /a <path of AcroPro.msi for 10.0> TARGETDIR <path where you want to create AIP>

2. cd to the AIP folder

3. msiexec /a <AcroPro.msi> /p <path of .msp file (AcrobatUpd1010.msp)>

This should create an AIP for 10.1 and this can be used for push through GPO.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had issues with upgrading our existing AIP to 10.1.0. In my case, I got error 1642. I ended up creating and patching a new AIP which seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

As described in another forum, Acrobat 10.1 update is a cummulative update and will not patch up any earlier 10.0.x AIPs correctly. So the correct way is to patch the 10.0 AIP with 10.1 only.

Please see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/865097?tstart=0

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all answers.

Resolution: AIP for 10.0.0 was not uncompressed by msiexec /a...

This was not recogniced immediatly, because patching with .msp-file has worked successfully.

Now everything works fine.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me clarify, if it is not uncompressed using msiexec /a, it is not called an AIP. If you are only using the 10.0 installer as it is without using the msiexec /a option, then you are not creating an AIP. In that case, it is just an installer copied on the network share for users. Patching this with subsequent .msp will give abnormal behaviours.

Please see the following links for details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc759262(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_UseAdmin

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367541(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines