• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Claws back Focus

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate the help file, or do anything that makes RH think for a bit, it always seem to want to recover focus if I move away to do something else while its busy.  If I switch to Word, or IE, or RD to another machine, it pulls me back so I can watch the progress bar.  It may eventually give up, but its pretty aggressive about it.

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but is there some way to make RH let me continue working while its thinking?  To stop it from clawing back the focus?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not an issue for me as I can just Alt+Tab to focus on another application. I've also not heard of anyone else suffering from this. Is this being caused for you by some resource issue on your PC or are you generating / publishing the output to a network drive that is a little slow. Maybe this could be the cause?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are on an external USB2 drive.  IT tells me that it should be fast enough.

Alt+Tab works momentarily, but then RH pulls me back.  Its probably just me my PC.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The builder we are using at home to build an extension told us he should be finished in 8 weeks. That was three months ago and he still has a way to go. Try moving the project to your C: drive. If the problem goes away, there's your answer.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USB2 External works for me assuming you do mean an external hard disk rather than a memory stick.

I have not seen other reports of the problem you describe.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too find this annoying; when generating printed documentation I go to the coffee machine since a stray keystroke often aborts the entire operation.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp