Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import InDesign files into RoboHelp HTML

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My company is moving toward online help. We currently use InDesign to author our manuals and then export them to pdf for publication. I've been on the phone with Adobe trying to see if there's a way to easily import InDesign into RoboHelp. We're on an older version of RoboHelp, so I'm told this is possible, but I can't get any help until we buy RoboHelp9. I know that we can import our pdfs into RoboHelp--I'm just wondering if there's a way to import InDesign files directly into RoboHelp. Has anyone tried to do this? Anyone have any suggestions? It seems these two programs should play nice together, doesn't it?

Louley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It seems these two programs should play nice together, doesn't it?

Nope, the Technical Communication Suite makes FrameMaker the driver of content to RH, not ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe sales that we could open an InDesign file directly in RoboHelp. I called technical support on this, but my version of RH is no longer supported, so I couldn't confirm this with them. Makes me wonder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

To my knowledge it is not possible to accomplish. I've been using RoboHelp since 1992 and I've never seen it done.

The only way I can fathom it working would be if InDesign could save as an HTML page. Then import the HTML. Or possibly produce a PDF from InDesign, then import that. But even importing the PDF may not give you the results you want.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp