• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Snippets appear in Webhelp output

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When producing Webhelp output, I've been having an out-of-date snippet appear in my document.  I use a common snippet in several projects, and in some of the projects, the snippet appears twice in the output when it's not supposed to.  I've modified said snippet, but when I produce the output, the old version of the snippet appears.  Not only that, but I haven't even inserted the snippet into the topic and it still appears in the output.  When I re-import the new version of the snippet and insert it, the output contains both the old version and the new version.  I'm running RH9.01 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting all files from your output directory or generating to a new directory?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my output directory entirely and output to a different folder, but that didn't help. I ended up creating a new project and importing the topic, TOC and index, which solved the problem. Fortunately, I've got pretty small help systems.

Thank you,

Michael Michaud

Documentation Analyst

Capital Planning, Altus Group

T: 905.714.1483 M: 905.341.1483

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, sometimes the WebHelp layout file gets corrupted, and simply creating a new layout with a different name (not Copy, but Create) can solve the issue.

If you run into this again, try that instead of your nuclear option.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by new layout?

Thank you,

Michael Michaud

Documentation Analyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

He means:

Open the Single Source Layouts pod

Create a new layout there.

Do not copy an existing layout. Copying a defective layout will bring along the issue.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Okay, I'll try that.

Thank you,

Michael Michaud

Documentation Analyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

If for some reason that fails to correct the issue, can you post the HTML code of one of the offending pages? It should offer some clues.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a sporadic problem that only occurs with a couple of projects. I've performed work-arounds on the fly, but when I run into another project with the issue, I'll post it.

Thank you,

Michael Michaud

Documentation Analyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created an new WebHelp Pro layout with no improvement. The unwanted, out of date snippet still appeared in the final output, even though it hadn't been inserted in the document. I did notice something, though. At this point, I have no snippet reference in the topic. The old snippet and new snippet (who were both imported) were still listed in the Snippets pod. When I deleted the out of date snippet from the pod, it didn't re-appear in the output.

Maybe it's a bug, but when I initially imported the snippet, it appeared in the output without it even being inserted into the topic.

Thank you,

Michael Michaud

Documentation Analyst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp