Exit

MFC100U.DLL

Sep 07, 2010 Sep 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed the evaluation package of Lightroom 3.2

I am using Windows 7 x64 pro

1 - I run installer as an administrator

2 - When I start LR 3.2, I received a message : Unable to find c:\windows\system32\mfc100u.dll and LR 3.2 crash.

3 - If I use the windows explorer or the dir command in a cmd shell, I can't find the file in the system32 folder

4 - If I use the SuperFinderXT software, the program find the the file mfc100u.dll in the system32 folder.

Does anybody have an Idea with this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something might have messed up that dll before Lightroom.

I have two of them in my Windows folder, one in System32 and one in SysWOW64. perhaps the former is 64-bit and the latter is 32-bit.

What's the size, timestamp and file version of your System32\MFC100u.dll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thankx!

Superfinder report the same size, I manually copy the dll from  SysWOW64 folder to System 32 each time LR report not find the files after three files LR start !

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look to see if you have any old lrplugin files. I wouldn't think 64bit LR would need a 32bit dll unless it's for a plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?  Bought LR 3 and it installed fine.  When I open the program get the same message about mfc100u.dll missing.  We have tried this on several  machines configured as follows:  windows 7 64 bit

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mfc100u.dll should be installed with LR. If not done so already, try downloading LR 3.3 from the Adobe WebSite and install again.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2011 Mar 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work after you restart your computer.  Then you have to install the dll again.  Anyone had success yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timlogochair wrote:

This doesn't work after you restart your computer.  Then you have to install the dll again.  Anyone had success yet?

This sounds like the automatic system repair stuff in Windows is backing out the updated library and replacing it with a known "good" one it stashes away for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this problem ever resolved?

I am having the same problem and Adobe was of no help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Adobe customer service is an absolute joke (for any support issue I've ever had...and there are many).  No help at all.  I had to use the 32 bit version to get it to work.  If you discover the issue, please help.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info...I really think all manufactures could careless about

the customer once they go out the door. Today it is all about profit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , Try this: you need to install a visual C++ redistributable from microsoft. It'

ll install the required files.  thats all, It should work fine afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the update, but it did not

make any difference, I still get the error. I will restall the program and let you know what happens.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the bundled MFC library that comes with Lr, or the official redistributable package does not solve this, it is not Adobe's fault.  The fault lies with the library loader on the OS. This will be clear the moment you try to run any other app that requires the same library at the same version.

Many shops refer to the problem of finding, maintaining and loading the right version of a library on Windows as "DLL Hell." Welcome to hell.

You could try running this as a real Administrator, via "Start -> Run...":

regsvr32 mfc100u.dll

It will give you a message telling you about success or failure. You might want to note what this message says.

This should have be done by the various installers already, and the service it calls should do the right thing under the covers that that the library is registered and versioned so user applications can find it.

The problem is that there are many, many places this can go wrong.  In most cases, it is the windows registry that is at fault -- or you have malware on your computer that is keeping a corrupted copy of the library available. Do not rule out either of these problems.

I'd start by disabling all real-time anti-virus protection (this can really interfere with the installation of libraries), and checking the registry. Verify you have  sound, malware-free system. I'd end by resinstalling the OS from scratch. Somewhere in-between you might find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update on my problem with this DLL.  The problem happened for me on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit...and only happened after logging on to a network domain user account.  What I discovered is that our network had "startup scripts" that ran every time a domain user account logged on.  The script was the culprit...as it removed temporary files upon running.  This caused files to be removed and caused the 64 bit version of lightroom to break for me.  I had the IT department disable the scripts, installed the C+ redistributable and restarted.  No problems for me anymore.  Hope this helps someone, if you are on a network computer.

Thansk,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting that back, Tim!

Any chance you can tell us which directory being cleared was the problem?

Beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vill installera mfc100u.dll kan ni tala om hur jag gör

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Several dll files in the following folder:

C:\Windows\system32\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timlogochair wrote:

Yes.  Several dll files in the following folder:

C:\Windows\system32\

Thanks, I can imagine that this could cause problems ....

Beat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned much earlier in this thread, if you remove some items from key directories like this, Windows will simply replace them with known "good" versions automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package.

issue solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines