Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Stylesheets folder contains other stuff

Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building an RH9 project and in the Project Manager pod the Stylesheets folder contains numerous folders that are not stylesheets. Is this project corrupt??

Many of my topics have been imported from Word docs and it appears that they bring some stylesheets with them even though I DO NOT WANT any stylesheets at all in the RH9 projoct except for one and only only -- the stylesheet I created as the default for this project. It seems that these folder in the Stylesheets pod actually contain images and other items associated with the imported Word docs.

Can anyone explain why the Stylesheets folder is full of stuff that as far as I can tell does not belong there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On importing, RoboHelp creates a folder for the images in the document. It is your choice whether you leave them there or move them.

It also creates a CSS for every document imported to ensure that all the styles used in the Word document are in that CSS. It is then up to you whether or not you apply another CSS. Make sure it has all the necessary styles in any other CSS you use.

You will also find some embedded styles in the topics created that you may want to remove.

The updated version is not yet ready but there are topics on my site about Importing.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hopefully my esteemed colleague won't mind my adding a bit of supplemental information.

For starters, while I cannot say for certain without seeing your project first hand, odds are that it's not corrupt.

As Peter explained, importing a Word document often creates folders. What you see in the Project Explorer will depend on your view. I sounds to me as if you are using the Classic view as opposed to the Global view as only the Classic view presents a "Style Sheets" folder. So here's where I'll try and expound.

When you look at the "behind the scenes" files on your hard drive you will not find a folder named "Style Sheets". What you are seeing in RoboHelp is RoboHelp's way of presenting the information it's aware of. Note that if you look at the other folders (Images, Multimedia, Baggage Files, etc.) you will also see the same folders listed inside their presentation. Yet when you look at your hard drive it will be devoid of folders bearing the same names.

This is because these aren't folders. What they are is RoboHelp filtering the view to show you files of that specific type.

Personally, I've never sweated the fact that RoboHelp creates a CSS file for each Word import. Just ignore it. What matters is that things appear as you want. And it's super simple to ensure a single CSS is used when you create your output.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have just done a quick scan of the menus and do not see the option for Classic View/Global View.

Michael West | Business Improvement | Aurecon

Ph: +61 3 8683 1144 | Fax: +61 3 8683 1444 | Mob: 0407 485 228

Email: WestM@ap.aurecongroup.com

PO Box 321, South Melbourne | VIC 3205 | Australia

http://www.aurecongroup.com

http://www.aurecongroup.com/apac/groupentity/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

And that would be because it's not in the menus.

Instead, it's an icon in the pod toolbar:

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So just to confirm, it is normal to see files other than *.css in the project folder labelled Style Sheets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, seeing files other than CSS would be unusual. But you said you were seeing *FOLDERS* not files.

Folders are perfectly normal.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, folders with files in them; image files mostly. But I've done some housekeeping, deleted a number of topic files that were for testing purpose only, and now the folders inside the Style Sheets folder (which I understand is a virtual folder, not a real one) are empty.

Thank you for your advice, I feel like I'm getting the hang of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2011 Jun 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Is there a way to make the default project style sheet take precedence (by default) over the style sheet created by the import from Word? Otherwise it is time-consuming to have to re-set the css on a per-topic basis.

Thank you

Michael West

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you cannot stop RoboHelp creating a CSS. If you import into a folder, then you can set the topic list to show just that folder so that you can select all the topics, right click and apply the required CSS in one go.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter.

Michael West

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp