Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FB 4.5 BlazeDS Bug ?

Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted and re-added some BlazeDS services to my Flex project which was started with Flex 4 and migrated to Flex 4.5.

BlazeDS generates this line of code: _serviceControl.convertResultHandler = mx.data.TypeUtility.convertResultHandler;

...which throws this error in the IDE:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
1119: Access of possibly undefined property convertResultHandler through a reference with static type Class.

The error goes away when I manually replace the offensive line of code with this:

_serviceControl.convertResultHandler = com.adobe.serializers.utility.TypeUtility.convertResultHandler;

Some other people seem to be having this problem as well:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/860130?tstart=0

Is there a fix available for this so I don't have to manually hack my generated BlazeDS classes ?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2011 Jun 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found another interesting thing about this bug.

If I delete/re-add one service, ALL my services are regenerated instead of just the one I specified...which means I have to go the _Super class for every single service and add the hack again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here immediatly after a software update!

In fact my previous _Super_Service.as code was generated correctly using the "com.adobe.serializers.utility.TypeUtility"... and only after the update it has started generating the code using the wrong "mx.data.TypeUtility" class that seem not exist.

It's now becoming a very annoying thing because the compiler continue to modify the service class!!!

Any fix?

Edit: I'm currently using the PHP services features

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here after software update !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating it.

Btw, what is the version of the new update you received?

You can find this by going to Help > About Flash Builder > Installation Details > Installed Software Tab.

What are the versions of

1. Adobe Data Modeling Core Components
2. RDS Core and Database Components

-Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2011 Jun 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shylendra,

1.   Adobe Data Modeling Core Components 4.5.501000.v311934-20110521 com.adobe.model.feature.core.feature.group

2.  RDS Core and Database Components 4.5.501000.v311934-20110521 com.adobe.rds.feature.feature.group

I hope this will help.

Aubry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

From my installation history i see such software updates...

Adobe Data Modeling Core Components 4.5.304901.v20110217

RDS Core and Database Components 4.5.304901.v20110217

To:

Adobe Data Modeling Core Components 4.5.501000.v311934-20110521

RDS Core and Database Components 4.5.501000.v311934-20110521

Thanks

.Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug is created for tracking this.

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-31218

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can revert to the previous known good revesion by following the steps defined in the bug.

Thanks

Shylendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2011 Jun 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the suggestion to rollback in the versdion history but... for me it doesn't work.

The error it give me is:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.adobe.model.feature.core,4.5.304901.v20110217
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,com.adobe.rds.feature,4.5.304901.v20110217

Is my only option to reinstall FB again?

It's about the 3th time i've to reinstall it -_-"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the steps exactly as mentioned in the bug? If yes in which step did you hit this error?

And also do you see these files in your file system?

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.rds.core_4.5.304901.v20110217.jar"
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.rds.dataview_4.5.304901.v20110217.jar"
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.model.core_4.5.304901.v20110217.jar"

or on mac they will be under /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/eclipse/plugins/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dunno why but the zip's files was not in the "eclipse\features" folder.

My mistake sorry :'(

Now the fix seem to work perfectly.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Shylendra.

For the Plugin version of FB on the Mac:

1. Click 'Eclipse' or in my case 'SpringSource Tool Suite' from the app menu bar
2. Click 'About SpringSource Tool Suite'
3. Click on 'Installation Details'
4. 'Installed Software' tab

Adobe Data Modeling Core Components    4.5.501000.v311934-20110521    com.adobe.model.feature.core.feature.group
  RDS Core and Database Components        4.5.501000.v311934-20110521    com.adobe.rds.feature.feature.group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, can someone from Adobe chime in here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 but unable to revert.

I get the same error message "No repository found containing: ....."

I added the 2 unzipped folders from http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-31218 to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\features\".

I do NOT have the following files in my file system:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.rds.core_4.5.304901.v20110217.jar"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.rds.dataview_4.5.304901.v20110217.jar"

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.model.core_4.5.304901.v20110217.jar"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same here :

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed

session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.adobe.model.core,4.5.304901.v20110217

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.adobe.rds.core,4.5.304901.v20110217

No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,com.adobe.rds.dataview,4.5.304901.v20110217

No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.tigris.subversion.clientadapter.javahl.feature,1.6.15

No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.tigris.subversion.subclipse,1.6.17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not figure out how to rollback FB.

I replaced the offending line that was not compiling:

_serviceControl.convertResultHandler = mx.data.TypeUtility.convertResultHandler;

With this:

_serviceControl.convertResultHandler = com.adobe.serializers.utility.TypeUtility.convertResultHandler;

I only have 1 service I connect to. Not a big deal for me if I re-gen the service/proxy. If you have many services, could be a pain.

A fix should be released in the near future. For now, this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Afternoon,

I am still having this problem, I was unable to rall back FB. I always says revert configuration has encountered a problem is they any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Can't what till adobe gets this fixed am tired of typing _serviceControl.convertResultHandler = com.adobe.serializers.utility.TypeUtility.convertResultHandler; every time i make a change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines