• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to use "Building your first PHP-Based Web Application"

Explorer ,
May 31, 2011 May 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to follow the tutorial that comes with Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP. At step 2, the instructions say:

"In Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, use the wizard called TestDrive . . ."

I do not know where to find this wizard. It is not mentioned anywhere else in the tutorial. It is not in any of the downloadable files that I can find through searching. Is this an external file? Is it an indication that the previous installation of Zend or the import of the database didn't go as it should have?

In trying to further follow the tutorial, the screen shots show an option to "Create project on local server," but I don't have this option when I create a new project for "Flex and PHP." I am on a Mac and the screen shot is for a PC. Is this the issue? Or is it because I can't find the wizard called "TestDrive"? Or some other reason?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial calls for importing "testdrive_db.sql" from the "Building_A_PHP_App.zip" file, but there is only a test_db.sql file in that file. The instructions then show how to view the structure of the database. However, when importing test_db.sql, the structure has no tables. Does this mean there is a missing file in "Building_A_PHP_App.zip" file? Or is the testdrive_db.sql simply misnamed in the tutorial and it should be "test_db.sql", but this file is incomplete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else spending time trying to use the getting started tutorial, I have few answers to the stumbling blocks for loading it on a Mac.

You have to first make sure your user has root account, which is not the same as admin account on a Mac. (http://www.spy-hill.com/~myers/help/apple/EnableRoot.html#menu).

After you install the Zend Server Community, you have to log out and log back in, or restart Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP, one or the other, even if the Zend framework is up and running. This step is not mentioned in the tutorials.

At this point, it looks as though Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP will automatically find the server and load the correct web root, displaying the proper dialogue window that has the option of "Create project on local server."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the "Building_A_PHP_App.zip" file should but does not incude the testdrive_db.sql file, making it impossible to complete the tutorial, unless I am missing something somewhere. Does someone from Adobe have any information on this?

Also, for anyone else spending time trying to work through the tutorial, pull it up on the web at http://files.zend.com/help/Flash-Builder-for-PHP/Help/build_a_web_%28php%29_application.htm rather than in the built-in browser of Flash Builder 4.5. That browser scrolls back to the top each time yoiu tab away from it (to try to do the exercises).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spoke to the document author at Zend who has updated the tutorial to correct the problem.  Please try this again and let us know if there are any remaining challenges.

Thank you!

Michael

Zend Technologies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines