Hi im a noob so any help would be much appreciated.
i have following problem. after following these steps
1. design a wedpage in fireworks with hotspots for navigation.
2. sliced up image and exported to DW into a subfolder in images folder (called layerbits).
3. Opened fireworks slices as html page on DW.
4. Saved as a template to produce DWT.
5. Populated webpages (local view) with the template.
6. created editable regions and good to go.
when altering the image in firworks (paricularly hotspots which contain links) and exporting the DWT folder doesnt alter and therefore changes don't appear on other pages.
1. How do i alter in fireworks then ensure changes filter through to DWT file and therefore site?
2. Is there an easier way to do alter the hotspots (javaspript) without coding in DW?
Ihope this makes sense.
Again any help would be very much appreciated
In my experiences (although it depends on the circumstances) it is much easier to add your hotspots in DW than in FW. I have always foound FW to be very unpredictable and often imes restricting when it comes to HTML stuff.
Because of the way that FW writes HTML, it has you trapped in an interesting dilemma! You must not use FW HTML until you know HTML well enough to have written that same HTML yourself by hand. Then you can use it. If you use it before then, you will encounter frustration after frustration, just as several people are doing on the forum today!